Quick thinking woman saves dog choking on tennis ball


A quick-thinking veterinarian saved the life of a poor dog that was choking on a tennis ball. Dogs are known to be quite excitable, and this poor boi must have gotten a little carried away with his tennis ball.

We may take many precautions, but as you all know, danger lurks in places nobody expects. For example, if dog toys such as balls are swallowed, they can lead to a medical emergency and sometimes even lead to your beloved pet’s death.

Recently Oprah Winfrey lost her beloved pet Gracie as she choked on a plastic ball. Unfortunately, this situation can happen to any dog, and all of us should be careful about it.

However, as a pet owner, you should know how to help your dog survive a dreadful situation when they choke on a ball. Recently one veterinarian, Dr. Kristie Williams, maneuvered a technique on how to help dogs during a medical emergency like this one and saved two lives.

While there may be many different ways to remove the obstruction in your dog’s airways. It may be invasive and very complicated. However, the technique shown by Dr. Kristie Williams is called an external extraction technique.

This is one of the best and the safest ways to remove the obstruction. The first thing you need to do is place the unconscious dog on his back. Then, after straddling the dog, you need to adjust the dog’s level depending on the animal’s size.

After that, you need to identify the location of the ball, trachea, and mandible. Then, after securing your thumbs on either side of the trachea, you need to securely hold the dog’s mouth and head.

Now you can push the ball out with the thumbs. This will indeed remove the ball from your dog’s mouth and save their life.

Rate article
Add a comment